Some Recent Publications
Invited Chapters in Encyclopedias:
Barad, M., “Total Quality Management and Information Technology/Systems”. In: International Encyclopedia of Business & Management (IEBM Online), edited by Prof. M. Warner
Thomson Learning, London (2002)
Selected Journal Articles
- Barad, M. and T. Raz, “Contribution of Quality Management Tools and Practices to Project
- Management Performance”. Int. J. of Quality and Reliability Management, vol. 17 (4/5) 2000 (pp. 571-583).
- Barad, M. and D. Gien, "Linking improvement models to manufacturing strategies". Int. J. Prod. Res., vol 39 (12), 2001 (pp. 2675-2695).
- Barad, M. and D. Even-Sapir, " Flexibility in logistics systems: modelling and performance evaluation", Int. J. Production Economics, Vol. 85, 2003 (pp 155-170).
- Engel A. and M. Barad, “A Methodology for Modeling VVT Risks and Costs”, Systems Engineering Journal, Vol. 6 (3), 2003, (pp 135-151).
- Barad, M., "An Introduction to Petri Nets", International Journal of General Systems, Vol 32 (6), 2003 (pp 565-582).
- Raz, T. and M. Barad, “In process control of design inspection effectiveness’, Quality and Reliability Engineering International, Vol 20, 2004 (pp 17-30).
- Barad, M. and A. Engel "Optimizing VVT Strategies – A Decomposition Approach", Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol 57, 2006 (pp 965-974).
- Dror, S and M. Barad, "House of Strategy - From strategic objectives to competitive priorities", Int. J. Production Research, Vol 44 (19), 2006 (pp 3879-3895).
- Barad, M. and S. Dror, "Strategy maps as improvement paths of enterprises", Int. J. Production Research, Vol 46 (23), 2008 (pp 6627-6647).
- Fitzgerald, G, M Barad, A Papazafeiropoupou and G Alaa, "A framework for analysing flexibility of generic objects", Int. J. Production Economics, Vol 122 (1), 2009 (pp 329-339).
- Barad, M, “Flexibility development – a personal retrospective”, Int. J. Production Research, Vol 51, (23-24), 2013 (pp 6803-6816).
- Barad, M, “Design of Experiments (DOE) – A Valuable Multi-Purpose Methodology”, Applied Mathematics, 5, 2014, (pp 2120-21).
- Barad, M, “Petri Nets – A versatile modelling structure”, Applied Mathematics, 7, 2016 (pp 829-839)
Chapters in Books and Handbooks
- Barad, M., "Improving SMEs from a supply chain perspective – A QFD approach". In:
A European road map to SME network development, Springer-Verlag UK, 2009
Proceedings of Conference
- Rokach, L. S. and M. Barad, "Response Surface Methodology to Optimize Parameters of Genetic Algorithms", Proceedings of the 11th Industrial Engineering and Management Conference, May 2000, Beer Sheva, Israel, (pp.290-294).
- Barad, M. and D. Gien, "A QFD approach to define improvement priorities", Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Production & Quality Research, June 2000, Jerusalem, Israel, 187-192.
- Barad, M. and D. Gien, "From Manufacturing Strategies to Improvement Priorities", Proceedings of the 2000 Pacific Conference on Manufacturing (PCM), September 2000, Detroit, Michigan, USA, (pp. 572-577).
- Gien D., S. Jacqmart, A. Seklouli and M. Barad, "Application of the possibility theory to the Quality Function Deployment method", LFA'2000 Proceedings, La Rochelle (pp. 29‑36).
- Barad, M. and S. Shaharabani, "A QFD based contingency approach to manufacturing strategies". Proceedings of IFIP 5.7 Strategic Manufacturing Conference, Aalborg, Denmark, 2001 (pp. 39-50).
- Barad M. and Even Sapir D., "The Effect of Flexibility on Logistics Dependability". Proc. XVIth ICPR, Prague, Czech Republic, August, 2001, CD-ROM.
- Dror, S and M. Barad, "Utilizing Quality Function Deployment to construct a Balanced Scorecard Map", Proceedings of the third International Conference on Performance Measurement and Management Research, Boston, USA, 2002 (pp. 165-172).
- Mandel, I. and M. Barad, "Improving the yield of a coating process and the quality of its product". Proceedings of the 12th Industrial Engineering and Management Conference, 2002, Tel Aviv, Israel (pp. 49-53).
- Dror S. and M. Barad, "The balanced Scorecard as a strategic frame - Crisp and Fuzzy performance Measures", Proceedings of the 12th Industrial Engineering and Management Conference, 2002, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Barad M. and Nagarur, N., "A framework for Flexibility Deployment in Supply Chains of Electronics Industries". Proc. XVIIth ICPR, Blacksburg,VA, USA, August, 2003, CD-ROM.
- Dror S. and M. Barad ,"The House of Strategy". Proc. XVIIIth ICPR, Salerno, Italy, August, 2005, CD-ROM.
- Barad, M, “From supply chains to improvement activities”. Proc. XVIIIth ICPR, Salerno, Italy, August, 2005, CD-ROM.
Barad M., "A Sum rank procedure for implementing improvement actions in an SME environment", Proceedings of the AIRO winter Conference, Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy, February 2007.
- Fitzgerald G, Barad M et al., “Generic concepts of Flexibility”. Proc. XIXth ICPR, Valpraiso, Chile, August, 2007, CD-ROM.
- Barad M and Cherkassky A, “Timed Petri Nets for textile batch planning under varying input characteristics”, Proc. XXth ICPR, Shanghai, China, August, 2009, CD-ROM.
- Barad M and Cherkassky A, “A Timed Petri Nets perspective on weaving processes”, Proc. 10th Int. Workshop on Discrete Event Systems, Berlin, Germany, 2010, 448-453.
- Barad M, “A methodology for deploying Flexibility in Supply Chains, Proc. 14th IFAC Symposium, Bucharest, Romania, May 23-25, 2012, CD-ROM.
- Barad M, “Emergency department crowding”, Proc. ETFA14, Barcelona, Spain, September, 16-19, 2014, CD-ROM.
- Barad M, “Applying QFD to improve competitiveness of a manufacturing enterprise”, Proc Conference in Osaka, April, 2015.
- Barad M, “Quality Function Deployment (QFD) – A multi-purpose structured framework”, Proc. XXIIIth ICPR, Manila, Philipines, August, 2015, CD-ROM.
- Barad M, “Petri Nets an adaptable modeling approach”, Proc. Atiner Conference in Athens, 2016.
- Barad M, “Applying Quality Function Deployment to Build a Knowledge Management Conceptual Framework”, Proc. 15 Int. Conf. on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management & Organizational Learning, Capetown, 2018.
Barad's home| Department
of Industrial Engineering|Faculty
of Engineering ]
Please send comments or questions about this page
Last modified: April 2019