Physical phenomena in high
current electrical discharges, at the electrode surface and in the near
electrode plasma. This investigation includes electrode phenomena in vacuum
arcs and high current vacuum interrupters, in MHD-generators, magnetically
insolated diode, plasma thrusters and accelerators, filtered vacuum arc
deposition systems and systems with hot refractory anode vacuum arcs. Laser-matter
interaction phenomena. High current wire
explosion phenomena. Arc producing nanostructures.
- Theory of electron emission in the vacuum arc cathode spot.
- Theory of nonlinear and three-dimensional heat conductivity processes in
a bulk body and in a thin film with a moving and concentrated heat source.
- Theory of heat and plasma particle transfer in the partially ionized
multicomponent plasma systems having different particle temperatures.
- Hydrodynamics of ionized gas flow under high density of electrical
- Kinetic phenomena in a strongly non-equilibrium region under local
- Theory of cathode and anode spots in vacuum arcs. Electrode erosion
processes. Spot motion in magnetic field, nanosecond phenomena and plasma
acceleration mechanism in arcs with current rise >1MA/s.
- Theory of overheats phenomena in media being characterized by the
nonlinear temperature dependence of electrical conductivity.
- Plasma jet expansion in a magnetic field. Plasma acceleration in a low
current vacuum arc cathode jet.
- Plasma wall transition layers. Sheath and presheath theory. Sheath near a
refractory cathode surface.
- The kinetics of macroparticle charging in strongly ionized plasma. The
non-stationary and non-equilibrium consideration.
- Macroparticle transport and plasma transport in magnetized ducts. Theory
- Phenomena in a vacuum arc with refractory hot anode. Plasma and anode
thermal processes in hot refractory anode vacuum arc (HRAVA). Theory and
- Phenomena in a new type of the vacuum arc with enclosed cavity electrodes
like black body configuration. Plasma processes in vacuum arc with black body
assembly (VABBA) to producing MP free metallic plasmas. Experiment and
application as plasma source.
- Vacuum arc film deposition.
- Plasma phenomena in electrothermal
pulsed plasma thruster (PPT).
- Plasma flow and
presheath structures in Hall thrusters
- Laser matter
interaction. Ablation phenomena, plasma generation and plasma target
phenomena associated with wire explosion at high rate of current rise.
Instability effects by wire explosion.
- Phenomena in arc
plasmas producing nanostructures.
See List of publications
See Additional Academic Information
See Electrical Discharge and Plasma Laboratory
School of Electrical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
Please send comments or questions about this page to: <
Last modified: March 2017