- Multiphase flow.
- Slug flow hydrodynamics.
- Evaporation in parallel pipes.
- Heat transfer.
The main topics of my research are:
- Flow patterns: In multiphase flow, gas-liquid and/or solid can be distributed in the pipe in various ways, termed as flow patterns. Prediction of the flow patterns is an essential starting point for the calculation of the hydrodynamic parameters in multiphase flow. Models for the prediction of the flow patters were developed and verified by experiments.
- Modeling flow hydrodynamics: Once the flow pattern is known, it is possible to predict the flow hydrodynamic parameters. Such models were developed, in particular for separated and slug flows.
- Stability of separated flow: The stability of separated flow is an important problem and is a key point for modeling flow pattern transition.
- Slug tracking modeling: Slug is a flow pattern where liquid slugs are separated by long gas bubbles. Numerical simulations were developed for the prediction of the behavior of the flow structure and velocities with time and space.
- Slurry transportation: Theoretical and experimental studies for the developments of new models to predict the flow patterns, pressure drop, and transient phenomena in solidliquid flows were carried out.
- Statistical characteristics of slug flow: Due to the unsteady and developing character of slug flow the govern flow parameters can be described in statistical terms. Statistical analysis of slug flow that covered a wide range of gas and liquid flow rates and pipe inclinations was carried out.
- Structure of bubbles' wake: Advanced experimental techniques such as PIV (particle image velocimetry), Image processing and optical probes for detecting instantaneous flow fields in the Taylor bubble wake were employed.
- Stability of two phase flow in parallel pipes: When gas and liquid flow in parallel pipes the flow may be unstable and/or can be unevenly distributed among the pipes. This problem is closely related to DSG (direct steam generation) via solar energy.
Major Administration Activities
- 1988-1992 Chairman, Committee of Undergraduate Studies, Faculty of Engineering.
- 1990-1995 Faculty Representative, the University Committee on Undergraduate Studies.
- 1993-1994 University academic committee for the establishing of a B.Tech. program (Engineering College)
- 1994-1998 Faculty Curriculum Committee
- 1994-now Senate Supervisory Committee for the School of Architecture at Tel-Aviv University
- 1995-2000 Director of Mechanical Engineering undergraduate studies.
- 1994-2002 The academic council and board of directors of the Academic College of Tel-Aviv-Yaffo
- 1999-2001 Faculty Appointment Committee.
- 2001-2005 Member, University Committee for Ph.D. studies.
- 1995-now Editorial advisory board, Int. J. Multiphase Flow.
- 2002-2007 Member of the Israeli Council for Higher Education. Chairman of the Subcommittee for Engineering and Technology
- 2005-2006 Member of the Strategical Plan Committee for Tel Aviv University.
- 2007-Now Member of the Board of Directors, Tel-Aviv University
See List of publications
School of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
Please send comments or questions about this page to: <
Last modified: May 2012