Dr. Guy Even
Dept. of Electrical Engineering-Systems
Class: Thursdays 16-18, Kitot 102
Office Hour: Thursday 11-12 (Room 116, Engineering-Labs Building)
(to be posted)
#1 (Deadline: March 19)
Assignment #2 PDF
Assignment #3 compressed
postscript - submission deadline postponed
Assignment #4 compressed
postscript [26 KB]
Assignment #5 compressed
postscript [18 KB]
Assignment #6 (final exam) compressed
postscript [24 KB] make sure you fully cite references!
prepared by the students - read at your own risk!
#1 prepared by Orna Meirovich-Beck (.doc file, 95KB)
#1 prepared by Yackov Kirschenbaum (.pdf file, 139KB)
#2 prepared by Marcelo Krygier (.pdf file, 29KB)
#3 prepared by Mark Elnekave (.pdf file, 214KB)
#4 prepared by Eli Shamsaev (.ps file, 303KB)
#5 prepared by Oren Malerevich (.pdf file, 22KB)
#6 prepared by Guy Cohen (.pdf file, 400KB)
Lecture #7 prepared by Roman Tsikel
(slightly bad pdf file 133KB) compressed
postscript (84 KB)
computer archithmetic books:
Omondi, "Computer Arithmetic Systems
Israel Koren, Computer
- Adders, 2's-Complement adders, etc:
- Books: Koren, Omondi
- Mueller and Paul, "The Complexity of Simple Computer Architectures"
- Parallel Prefix Computation
- Ladner and Fischer, "Parallel Prefix Computation", JACM,
Vol 27, pp. 831-838, Oct., 1980.
- F. Thomson Leighton, "Introduction to Parallel Algorithms and
Architectures: Arrays, Trees, Hypercubes", 1992.
- Brent and Kung, "A regular Layout for Parallel Adders", IEEE
trans. Computers, Vol C-31, No. 3, March 1982, pp. 260-264.
- Wei and Thomborson, "Area-Time Optimal Designs", IEEE trans.
Computers, Vol 39, No. 5, May 1990.
- Booth Recoding and Multiplication
- Floating Point