Additional Academic Information
- Incumbent of the Ruth E. Recu Career Development Chair (Weizmann Institute 1980-1983).
- Prize of the Polish Jewish Ex-Servicemen Assoc. - London , for 1993 in the field of Applied Electronics (for working on: "The design and development of high power coherent diode lasers"). An annual prize, awarded by the Ben - Gurion University of the Negev .
- Incumbent of the Chana and Heinrich Manderman Chair in Optoelectronics ( Tel Aviv University 2003 - ).
Honorary and Professional Membership
- Fellow, Optical Society of America.
- Fellow, IEEE.
- Member of the Editorial Board for the journal of Microwave and Optical
Technology Letters (since 1992).
- Associate Editor for IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics ( Since January 1997)
- Served on the committees of scientific conventions.
Visiting scientist at:
- Stanford University
- University of New Mexico
- Bell Laboratories
- Xerox- Palo Alto Research Center
- SDL Laboratories
- Ecole Polytechnique Federale de
- Uniphase Laser Enterprise (formerly IBM Labs.), Zurich (Switzerland).
- Infinera Inc. California
of Electrical Engineering Physical
Electronics | Faculty of
Please send comments or questions about this page to the: <
Last modified: February, 2007