Before coming to Tel Aviv, I was a post-doc at the University of Maryland in the ECE/ISR department advised by Professor Alexander Barg.
· Storage systems and devices
· Computer systems design, analysis, and fault tolerance
· Coding theory
· Data analysis
I am looking for Postdocs, Ph.D. and M.Sc. students who would like to work on projects that at the intersection of electrical engineering and mathematics.
If you consider yourself as a curious person then you are more than welcome to contact me.
· Our paper "A Family of Optimal Locally Recoverable Codes", published in IEEE Transaction on Information Theory, received the 2015 IEEE Theory Society Paper Award
· Our paper "Zigzag Codes: MDS Array Codes with Optimal Rebuilding", published in IEEE Transaction on Information Theory, received the IEEE Communication Society Data Storage Technical Committee 2013 Best Paper Award.
· A video of a recent talk I gave at Simons Institute (UC Berkeley) on Locally Recoverable Codes.
Department of Electrical Engineering – Systems
EE – Labs Building, room 128
Tel Aviv University
Email: tamo at post.tau.ac.il