Israeli RFID e-Vote system
Y. Oren and A. Wool.
RFID-based electronic voting: What could possibly go wrong?
In IEEE International Conference on RFID, Orlando, FL, April
Here is the full paper:
- YouTube Video showing our zapper roasting an ISO 14443 Contactless Smartcard. English & Hebrew subtitles.
Also available as a local
wmv file (22MB)
- Government Response
from Tehila to our claims (Hebrew)
Our rebuttal of Tehila's respone (Hebrew)
- Article in Haaretz 14/4/2010:
in Chiportal, 22/4/2010 (Hebrew)
Article in Anashim U'Mahshevim, 22/4/2010 (Hebrew)
Article in Jerusalem Post, 25/4/2010 (English)
- Article in
- TV interview on Channel 1 14/4/2010:
- Writeup on Avi Rubin's blog (English)
- Item on The Risks Digest (English)
- Tel Aviv University Press Release (English)
Z. Kfir and A. Wool.
Picking virtual pockets using relay attacks on contactless smartcard
Proc. 1st International Conference on Security and Privacy
for Emerging Areas in Communication Networks (SecureComm), pages 47-58,
Athens, Greece, September 2005.
- See and hear me give a 1-hour seminar talk (in Hebrew)
about our results circa June 2005. Video feed
TAU Video Server. Requires a TAU username & password.
Caveat: only works on Microsoft Internet Explorer (sorry...)
Ilan Kirschenbaum and Avishai Wool.
How to build a low-cost, extended-range RFID skimmer.
15th USENIX Security Symposium, pages 43--57,
Vancouver, Canada, August 2006.
Impact of our work
Our work has been used in the public
debate on E-passports and has been used in arguments
submitted to various US government agencies. Here
are some examples:
Testimony to the California Legislature
letter to US State Department
Berkeley School of Law - Public Policy Clinic
Comments to the US State Department
- Gildas Avoine's RFID Bibliography
- Klaus Finkenzeller's
- Some people are implanting RFID
chips under their skin...
- Back to my home page.