Name: Ram Zamir
(h) 6 Moshe Zakut St., Tel Aviv 69707
(w) Deprt. of Electrical Engineering - Systems
Tel Aviv 69978
Telephone: (w) 03-6406273,
Date of Birth: 20 February 1961.
Marital status: Married + 3.
Military service: 1983~-~1989
Dec. 1994 Ph.D.
Advisor: Prof Meir Feder.
· Entropy Coded Dithered Quantization for Universal Coding of Signals.
· Information Theoretic Inequalities.
June 1983 B.Sc.
1996 - ......
Member of the Staff,
· research on information theory, source coding, communication and bounds on statistical signal processing
· teaching information theory, digital communications.
2002-2003 Visiting Researcher (Sabbatical), Massachusetts Institute of Technology:
· Dirty-paper coding, rate-distortion for networks.
1995 - 1996 Visiting
· universal lossy compression, joint source/channel co= ding
· applications of rate-distortion theory in speech and= video compression.
1994 - 1995 Research
· research in multi-user and universal source coding
· lectures in information theory and spread-spectrum.
1989 - 1994 Research
and teaching assistant,
1989 - .... Consultant. Main areas:
· advanced digital communication
· radar systems
· data compression algorithms.
1984 - 1989 Technical officer and researcher, Israeli Air Force
This document was generated on 6 January 1997 using the texi2html translator version 1.51.
Please send comments or questions about this page to: < email@example.com>