Reviews and Book Chapters
- R.C. Eberhart, S-H. Su, K.T. Nguyen, M. Zilberman, L.Tang, K.D. Nelson, and P. Frenkel, "Bioresorbable Polymeric Stents: Current Status and Future Promise", In Cells, Proteins and Materials. H. Sheardown and S.L. Cooper, (Eds.), J. Biomater. Sci. – Polym. Ed., 14(4), 299-312 (2003). PDF
- M. Zilberman and R Eberhart, "Drug-Eluting Bioresorbable Stents for Various Applications", Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, 8:153-180 (2006). (Cited 47 times. Impact factor: 15.00).
(This prestigious journal publishes one issue every year, which includes 15-20 invited articles. It is considered as leading journal in Biomedical Engineering (ranked 1(79) and #1 journal among all Engineering Journals (840 in total). PDF
- Amir Kraitzer, Yoel Kloog and Meital Zilberman, "Approaches for Prevention of Restenosis", Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials, 85(B), 583-603 (2008). PDF
- Meital Zilberman and Jonathan Elsner, "Antibiotic-Eluting Medical Devices for various Applications – A review", Journal of Controlled Release, 130, 202-215 (2008). PDF
- Amir Kraitzer and Meital Zilberman, "Controlled Release of Antipliferative Drugs from Polymeric Systems for Stent Applications and Local Cancer Treatment", Advanced Engineering Materials (Advanced Biomaterials), 14(6), B294-B310 (2012). PDF
- Jonathan J. Elsner, Amir Kraitzer, Orly Grinberg and Meital Zilberman, ”Highly Porous Drug-Eluting Structures: From Wound Dressings to Stents and Scaffolds for Tissue Regeneration", Biomatter, 2(4), 239-270 (2012). PDF
- Maytal Foox and Meital Zilberman, "Drug Delivery from Gelatin-Based Systems", Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, 12(8), 1-17 (2015). PDF
- Tanya Portnov, Tiberiu R. Shulimzon, and Meital Zilberman, "Injectable Hydrogel-Based Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering Applications", Reviews in Chemical Engineering", 33(1), 91-107 (2017). (PDF)
- Kytai Nguyen, Shih-Horng Su, Meital Zilberman, Pedram Bohluli, Peter Frenkel, Liping Tang and Robert Eberhart. "Biomaterials and Stent Technology", Chap. 5 in Michael Yaszemski, Debra Trantolo, Kai-Uwe Lewandrowski, Vasif Hasirci, David Altobelli, Donald Wise (Eds) Tissue Engineering and Novel Delivery Systems, Marcel Dekker, 2004, pp.107-130.
- Meital Zilberman, Amir Kraitzer, Orly Grinberg and Jonathan J. Elsner, "Drug-Eluting Medical Implants", Part III Chap. 11 in: M. Schafer-Korting (Ed) Handbook of Experimental Pharmacology Vol. 197: Drug Delivery, Springer, 2010, pp. 299-341.
- Jonathan J. Elsner, Israela Berdicevsky, Adaya Shefy-Peleg and Meital Zilberman, "Novel Composite Antibiotic Eluting Structures for Wound healing Applications", in M. Zilberman (Ed) "Active Implants and Scaffolds for Tussue Regeneration", Vol. 8 in the series "Studies in Mechanobiology, Tissue Engineering and Biomaterials", Springer, 2011, pp. 3-37.
- Elinor Josef, Meital Zilberman and Havazelet Bianco-Peled, "Controlled Release of Poorly Soluble Compounds from Alginate Hydrogels", In: Molina ME, Quiroga AJ, editors. Alginates: Production, Types and Applications, NOVA publishers; 2012. p. 97-122.
- Meital Zilberman, Zachi Peles and Hila Olami, "Soy Protein as a Biomaterial for Wound Healing Applications", Encyclopedia of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials, in press.