Computer Arithmetic - Spring 1999
Dr. Guy Even
Class: Wednesdays 16-18, Kitot 207
Office Hour: Mondays 16-17 (Room 116, Engineering-Labs Building)
Messages and announcements:
messages (still empty)
Assignment #1 PDF file or
Assignment #2 PDF file or
messages about Assignment #2 ascii file
prepared by the students - read at your own risk!
computer arithmetic books:
Omondi, "Computer Arithmetic Systems
Computer Arithmetic Algorithms
- Adders, 2's-Complement adders, etc:
- Books: Koren, Omondi
- Mueller and Paul, "The Complexity of Simple Computer Architectures"
- Parallel Prefix Computation
- Ladner and Fischer, "Parallel Prefix Computation", JACM,
Vol 27, pp. 831-838, Oct., 1980.
- F. Thomson Leighton, "Introduction to Parallel Algorithms and
Architectures: Arrays, Trees, Hypercubes", 1992.
- Brent and Kung, "A regular Layout for Parallel Adders", IEEE
trans. Computers, Vol C-31, No. 3, March 1982, pp. 260-264.
- Wei and Thomborson, "Area-Time Optimal Designs", IEEE trans.
Computers, Vol 39, No. 5, May 1990.
- Booth Recoding and Multiplication
- Floating Point
- IEEE 754 Standard
- Even and Paul, "On The Design of IEEE Compliant Floating Point
Units" ([143KB] compressed postscript)
- Mueller and Paul, excerpt from Vol 2 of "The Complexity of Simple
Computer Architectures" (compressed
- Mueller and Paul, "The Decomposition Theorem for IEEE Floating
Point Rounding" (compressed
- Even and Seidel, "A comparison of three rounding algorithms for IEEE
floating-point multiplication", (postscript)
- Other related sites - partial list